Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Learning: Honey Mustard Dressing & Salad Dressing


Honey Mustard Dressing II and Scrubby Bear's Own : random salad dressing


Cup Noodles? Check! Costco rotisserie chicken? Yes. Salad? :)  .... Sauce and salad dressing? :(

I took it upon myself to make myself a delicious and unhealthy meal. The clock was ticking and I had plans for the rest of the day, and I thought I was done making lunch after the water boiled and the chicken was sliced. 





 Literally my "salad"



After taking a deep breath of the delicious aroma of cheap noodles and chicken, I was ready to feast. As the soft noodles and roasted chicken skin dangled off the chopsticks in my mouth, I noticed there was something terribly wrong. 
Me thinking about what was missing
After pondering for a while, I figured it out. The missing gear to the grand lunch was salad dressing and some sexy sauce for the chicken. 

I figured it out:

Honey Mustard Dressing II

By: Mary Ann Benzon 

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

----- mine tasted straight up creamy and sweet.. with a bit of mustard taste. 

Scrubby Bear Random Salad Dressing:

  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons dried parsley 
2 tablespoons paprika
1.5 tablespoons ground pepper 

Vigorously shake that.
--------should taste spicy, tangy, slightly salty, tiny bit sour, and sweet. 



After about 20 minutes of synthesizing the final ingredient to my 5 star lunch, I was to lazy too eat anything and wrote this blog.

Enjoy ;)


13 comments:

  1. I will try that dressing tonight. Looks good on paper :) btw...looks like Kermit is onto something. +1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out /b/ro. +1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. Will try it later

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm looks delicious.
    @Andy, you shouldn't post things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, but a bit too fatty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @braumaman, yeah that's what I said too. I switched the mayo out for low fat yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. COOL! i love dressings and sauces I'll try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where I live they don't sell honey mustard (and I really like it!), so this was very interesting, thank you.

    ReplyDelete