Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Learning: Honey Mustard Dressing & Salad Dressing


Honey Mustard Dressing II and Scrubby Bear's Own : random salad dressing


Cup Noodles? Check! Costco rotisserie chicken? Yes. Salad? :)  .... Sauce and salad dressing? :(

I took it upon myself to make myself a delicious and unhealthy meal. The clock was ticking and I had plans for the rest of the day, and I thought I was done making lunch after the water boiled and the chicken was sliced. 





 Literally my "salad"



After taking a deep breath of the delicious aroma of cheap noodles and chicken, I was ready to feast. As the soft noodles and roasted chicken skin dangled off the chopsticks in my mouth, I noticed there was something terribly wrong. 
Me thinking about what was missing
After pondering for a while, I figured it out. The missing gear to the grand lunch was salad dressing and some sexy sauce for the chicken. 

I figured it out:

Honey Mustard Dressing II

By: Mary Ann Benzon 

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

----- mine tasted straight up creamy and sweet.. with a bit of mustard taste. 

Scrubby Bear Random Salad Dressing:

  • 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons dried parsley 
2 tablespoons paprika
1.5 tablespoons ground pepper 

Vigorously shake that.
--------should taste spicy, tangy, slightly salty, tiny bit sour, and sweet. 



After about 20 minutes of synthesizing the final ingredient to my 5 star lunch, I was to lazy too eat anything and wrote this blog.

Enjoy ;)


13 comments:

  1. I will try that dressing tonight. Looks good on paper :) btw...looks like Kermit is onto something. +1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check it out /b/ro. +1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good, maybe on chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Will try it later

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm looks delicious.
    @Andy, you shouldn't post things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good, but a bit too fatty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @braumaman, yeah that's what I said too. I switched the mayo out for low fat yogurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. COOL! i love dressings and sauces I'll try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where I live they don't sell honey mustard (and I really like it!), so this was very interesting, thank you.

    ReplyDelete